Tuesday, April 14, 2009

 

Turbulent times call for a Return to Traditional Thinking

Whenever I have had to find the best way to navigate through troubled business waters, I remember when an wise old friend told me “It's time to get back to the basics and focus on keeping things practical.” I start to think long and hard about how easy it is to take knee-jerk reactions to issues that may be changing the way people think about my business.
I have to sit back and say that just because it’s 2009 doesn’t mean that business marketing shouldn’t still be simple and basic. I start by looking at how my “brand” might have been affected. To find this out, I conduct a simple research study among several key customers. They’ll be honest with me and provide some initial thinking that will help me to develop communications strategies. I could “second-guess” what’s going on, but I learned that it hardly ever works. Once I am off to a good start, it becomes a matter of going back to the marketing basics.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?